Narrat!ve – Sah!l

The city is quiet, everyone has disappeared and the only sound is the whistling wind and the cawing of the crows. Suddenly, I hear the sound of metal rattling; I rapidly turn around to face the direction the noise came from and reveal my dagger. Although it’s only a crow on a shopping trolley, the bird has got a perfectly rolled piece of paper in its mouth. Sneakily, I tip toe behind the crow, grab it by its tail and slit the animal’s throat so that I can extract the piece of paper from its mouth without it escaping. Carefully, trying not to rip it, I unroll the paper only to find out it’s a plot to blow up the Eiffel tower. Before I could think about what I had just seen, I heard that voice again: the one of the guy had been in all my nightmares. My heart began racing as I kept rotating my head waiting for a tall man in a black leather long coat and pitch black hair that contrasted completely with his pale white skin to suddenly appear through the blinding fog. All the veins in my body froze when a bony hand grabbed my right shoulder. I didn’t dare to move a single muscle. The man brought his other hand over my left shoulder, but he didn’t say anything, all he did was direct my thumb to a switch he was holding and press it down on a red button. At first, I was confused but a second later when I began to think about what had just happened, I knew exactly what he had just made me do…