Amrita’s narrative

SQUELCH! Went my feet as I trudged through the murky swamp. The obnoxious substance at the bottom of the swamp engulfed my pink patent leather shoes. My rim of my designer, dusky pink dress was covered in mud. But my rage towards the pilot, that crashed my opulent plane, (that I was to travel to Paris in), turned into determination – to find myself an apt place to sleep. I pondered, as I walked onwards, throat dry and stomach as hollow as the inside of a tree – I couldn’t possibly drink out of one of the dreary and filthy swamps, despite the temptation. As you can tell I am as thirsty as a camel in a desert and ravenous.  My feet weren’t squelching as loudly now -I was back on damp grass which reassured me. Suddenly the rare but many beams of light that had sneaked through the canopy above were extinguished as a gloomy, large shadow made the place almost pitch black. I trembled and cautiously lifted my head in hope not to find what such a horrid figure like this would convey, but a large hostile that I could find life within. It was a colossal building made from dismal, grey cobblestone. But it was my only hope. I realised I still had some left in me as my glum expression enabled a smile to emerge, only for a split second but it did come. Instead of my shoes clattering because of the pristine heels as I walked up the polished stone steps, they made a peculiar sound like retching. Due to the fact that were inadequate, I removed my shoes and ripped petticoat. I tried to conceal my scruffy and unkempt look by letting my hair (which now was inhabited by leaves and most likely bugs,) tumble down and rest on my shoulders. I hoped to impress the residents of this house in order for them to allow me to stay there. I knocked on the rusty metal clapper. I prayed in my head that despite the off putting exterior of the house, the inside would be cosy and homely and have a caring, benevolent family living inside. I caught a glimpse that out of the blue, the once calm, statue-like trees had begun swaying vigorously. The wooden door groaned in pain as it gave way to a set of yet more cold stone steps. A few rays of sunlight crept through the cracks in the stained glass windows but the house was still as bleak as the outside.  I shuddered as shivers ran down my spine. A thunderous voice boomed ” WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER AND SEEK MY PRESENCE?” Perhaps the inhabitants weren’t all as I imagined…

1 thought on “Amrita’s narrative